Work is what we do, what keeps us innovating. Our team of engineers, designers, and support staff have worked hard and put in long hours. Our work kept us busy traveling to conferences, site visits and meeting deadlines; we strengthened existing partnerships and created new ones. 2022 ended on a strong note and we are excited to continue our work in 2023.
- New projects kept us engaged
- Long Live the Kings Fish Exclusion on Hood Canal Bridge
- Crowley Tug Boats
- Pacific Netting Products debris boom projects at several different locations
- Ballard Marine stability analysis projects throughout the US
- Year of travel to conferences
- Northwest Hydroelectric Association Fall Workshop
- Washington Public Ports Association Conference
- Workboat Conference
- Clean Currents 2022
- Maritime Defense Conference
- SAME Annual Small Business Symposium
Our play encourages a positive work environment and strengthens our “9-5” family. We strive for a positive work environment – a place where our team looks forward to coming to work. It can’t always be work, work, work; sometimes you must have a little fun to break up the routine. 2022 provided our team many opportunities to laugh and enjoy being at work. Some of our favorite events this year included:
- 65th Anniversary Celebration – We can’t wrap up 2022 without a shout out to our 65th A big milestone for the firm and we celebrated all year long. Thanks to our employees and clients, both past and present, we were able to overcome so many obstacles during six decades. Local clients and partners stopped by to join in on the celebration.
- Happy Hours – just grabbing a drink after work and catching up outside of the office
- Potlucks – there’s always lots of yummy treats and different kinds of food at our annual potlucks.
- Art Anderson Days – our annual celebration of employees did not disappoint this year. Dress up days, Happy Hours, lunches, and the summer picnic was a fun event that we look forward to all year.
- Halloween Costume Kit – when our team saw the Spirit of Halloween Costume Kit went viral on social media this October, we wanted to get in on the fun. We love that our engineers can laugh at the stereotypes that we know aren’t always correct. *Wink *Wink.
- Holiday Party – our annual holiday party was held at Chaos Bay Brewing in Bremerton. We had special visitors pass out Secret Santa gifts.
We regularly emphasize our involvement in the community. Art Anderson has been a part of the Kitsap community for 65 years; and we honor and respect the fact that we can call downtown Bremerton home. Giving back to the community where we live, and work is something we enjoy doing. We try to make the community a little better where we can and as often as we can. Downtown Bremerton and the Kitsap Peninsula is an important part of Art Anderson’s history and future. In 2022 we worked with/donated to the following:
- Coaching Youth Soccer
- Helping local families during the Holidays and going back to school
- Supporting the Kitsap YWCA across the street from our office
- Enjoying local treats from our community. A few of our favorite places include:
- Chaos Bay Brewing
- McGavin’s Bakery
- Cups Espresso & Café
- Cafe Alara
- Larry & Kristi’s Bakery
- Kitsap Community Resources
Looking Ahead to 2023
Growth, inspiration, and development are what we look forward to in 2023. Growth as a company and as individuals. We look forward to more conferences, more projects, and more team members. We are looking forward to strengthening our partnerships and relationships with clients. We want to inspire our clients, team, and community. Our goal would be to stimulate a passion for engineering with all those we connect with. We also want to develop new, innovative ways to improve systems. Not just engineering systems like mechanical or electrical, but systems in how we communicate and interact with each other. In order to continue to grow and prosper, we need to be able to adapt with the constant change of the world.