The Art Anderson’s team is seeking a talented and motivated Structural Engineer to join our fast-paced work environment. We are looking for someone who is passionate about what they do, welcomes new challenges, and enjoys coming up with creative solutions to non-traditional projects. The ideal candidate may work on the structural analysis and design components for our full spectrum of projects ranging from site development and building modifications to waterfront and floating structures.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Perform conceptual, preliminary, and detailed structural analysis of building horizontal and vertical construction, waterfront and marine structures, and bulkhead, retaining walls, and other site features.
- Use classical analysis and structural analysis and design software to help design efficient structures
- Interact with design engineers, CAD/Revit designers, project managers, and clients to advance projects to successful completion.
- Develop structural calculations and analysis reports as project deliverables
- Active registration as a licensed structural engineer in Washington state.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in structural design of building horizontal and vertical construction.
- Working knowledge of design codes including IBC and ASCE 7.
- Strong Microsoft Windows/Office Suite skills.
- This position will require military base access for project site visits and meetings; therefore U.S. citizenship is required.
- Strong verbal communication and technical writing skills.
- Experience with RISA or other similar 3D structural analysis software.
- Experience with finite element analysis, preferably using FEMAP.
- Ability to conduct structural analysis from a first principles perspective using free body diagram and classical closed form equations.
- Ability to interface with clients for both project development and business development activities.
- Familiarity with Autodesk software especially AutoCAD and Revit.
Art Anderson Associates is a 60+ year old, family owned company. We thrive due to our talented staff, excellent past performance, and our ability to bring value to our clients. As a multidisciplinary engineering firm, we take on projects from ship design to border patrol stations, and everything between.
To apply for this position, you must follow the instructions below:
Send us a single document containing:
- The full title of the position for which you are applying
- The place you saw the advertisement for the position
- At least three professional references with current email addresses and phone numbers
- Your detailed resume data addressing each of the requirements listed above. Be sure to detail your experience.
- Make sure your full contact information is included in the document
Send to [email protected] Please do not send multiple documents, or additional info in the email. Only the information contained in your resume document will enter into the review process.
Art Anderson Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer