The Art Anderson team is excited to bring on a talented a multi-discipline Marine Designer to support naval architect and marine engineering small boat and ship design team. Multi-discipline Marine Designer will have experience using Rhino and AutoCAD to develop 3D arrangement models to support early-stage ship design, regulatory body submittal, contract/concept level design packages. Tasking will range from the development of conceptual ship drawings to developing detail and production design drawings and updating as-built drawings. Designer is expected to prepare production-ready drawings, perform quality assurance reviews, and maintain document library.
The candidate must be a self-starter and have excellent teamwork skills. Must have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and possess excellent communication, coordination, and people skills. Needs the ability to perform calculations, prepare drawings, reports, trade studies, and other technical documentation as assigned in accordance with accepted standards of care.
- High School Diploma and 5-10 years’ ship 2D and 3D marine design and modeling experience using Ship Constructor and AutoCAD is required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience developing / modifying “design for production” ship drawings that can be economically produced using normal, current shipbuilding practices is required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience reviewing and applying established specifications and basic engineering and design principles to verify accuracy and completeness of finished drawings with attention to detail and quality required
- Experience preparing drawings using ANSI standards and normal ship design and shipbuilding practices. Knowledge of commercial, USN, and USCG drawing standards and templates helpful.
- Experience in shipyard construction practices and procedures preferred.
- Experience working with USCG/DoD ship design and modification projects a plus.
- Ability to collaborate and learn new 2D and 3D AutoCAD skills and design standards and apply them directly to current projects required.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- This position may require military base access for project site visits; therefore, US Citizenship is required.
- Physically able to conduct ship checks including being in confined spaces, climbing ladders, and lifting up to 25 pounds, in both cold and hot environments.
- Shipboard or work experience in a shipyard environment.
- Experience using industry standard software such as Rhino.
- Passion for and ability to engage in business development and sales activities in the marine industry.
Art Anderson is a 60-year-old family-owned company. We thrive due to our talented staff, excellent past performance, and our ability to bring value to our clients. As a multidisciplinary engineering firm, we take on projects from ship design to border patrol stations, and everything between. As a designer at Art Anderson, you will work on a wide variety of projects, with many different clients, and have an ability to grow professionally.