Naval Arch/Marine Engineer
The Art Anderson team is excited to bring on a talented Naval Architect ready to join our fast-paced work environment. This position comes with immense opportunity for professional growth, a diverse exposure to engineering projects, and a fantastic working culture. You will be an integral part of a team that is modernizing NOAA’s (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) fleet of research vessels, designing one of a kind and innovative large floating structures to support the Northwest’s economy critical fish populations, and supporting our local ferry systems by solving challenging propulsion and structural problems. We are looking for someone who is passionate about what they do, ready to take on challenges headfirst, and become a long tenured employee.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401k. We also have 8 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave.
The salary range for this position is dependent upon experience and skillsets, but a standard salary between $50K – $85K is expected.
- Bachelor’s degree in Naval Architecture .
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook, and GHS.
- The position will involve performing stability and structural calculations, preparing drawings, reports, trade studies, and other technical documentation.
- Experience in concept, early-stage, contract, and detail design and knowledge of classification society rules and regulatory body requirements is a plus
- This position may require military base access for project site visits, therefore US Citizenship is required.
- Must have excellent communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Shipboard or work experience in a shipyard environment.
- Experience using industry standard software such as AutoCAD, Rhino, NAVCAD, and FEMAP.
Art Anderson is a 65-year-old family-owned company located in Bremerton, WA. We thrive due to our talented staff, excellent past performance, and our ability to bring value to our clients. As a multidisciplinary engineering firm, we take on projects from ship design to border patrol stations, and everything between. As an engineer at Art Anderson, you will work on a wide variety of projects, with many different clients, and have an ability to grow professionally.
To apply for this position, you must follow the instructions below:
Send us a single document containing:
- The full title of the position for which you are applying.
- The place you saw the advertisement for the position.
- At least three professional references with current email addresses and phone numbers
- Your detailed resume data addressing each of the requirements listed above. Be sure to detail your experience.
- Make sure your full contact information is included in the document.
Send to [email protected]. Please do not send multiple documents, or additional info in the email. Only the information contained in your resume document will enter the review process.
Art Anderson Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer