The Art Anderson team is excited to bring on a talented a multi-discipline Marine Designer to support naval architect and marine engineering small boat and ship design team. Multi-discipline Marine Designer will have experience using Rhino and AutoCAD to develop 3D arrangement models to support early stage ship design, regulatory body submittal, contract/concept level design packages. Tasking will range from the development of conceptual ship drawings to developing detail and production design drawings and updating as-built drawings. Designer is expected to prepare production-ready drawings, perform quality assurance reviews, and maintain document library.
The candidate must be a self-starter and have excellent teamwork skills. Must have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and possess excellent communication, coordination, and people skills. Needs the ability to perform calculations, prepare drawings, reports, trade studies, and other technical documentation as assigned in accordance with accepted standards of care.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401k. We also have 8 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave.
The salary range for this position is dependent upon experience and skillsets, but a standard salary between $50K – $85K is expected.
- High School Diploma and 2-7 years’ ship 2D and 3D marine design and modeling experience using Ship Constructor, AutoCAD MEP, and/or AutoCAD is required.
- Experience developing / modifying “design for production” ship drawings to current shipbuilding practices is required.
- Experience reviewing and applying established specifications and basic engineering and design principles to verify accuracy and completeness of finished drawings with attention to detail and quality required
- Experience preparing drawings using ANSI standards and normal ship design and shipbuilding practices. Knowledge of commercial, USN, and USCG drawing standards and templates helpful.
- Experience working with USCG/DoD ship design and modification projects a plus.
- Ability to collaborate and learn new 2D and 3D programs and design standards and apply them directly to current projects required.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- This position may require military base access for project site visits, therefore US Citizenship is required.
- Physically able to conduct ship checks including being in confined spaces, climbing ladders, and lifting up to 25 pounds, in both cold and hot environments.
Art Anderson is a 65-year-old family-owned company located in Bremerton, WA. We thrive due to our talented staff, excellent past performance, and our ability to bring value to our clients. As a multidisciplinary engineering firm, we take on projects from ship design to border patrol stations, and everything between. As an engineer at Art Anderson, you will work on a wide variety of projects, with many different clients, and have an ability to grow professionally.
To apply for this position, you must follow the instructions below:
Send us a single document containing:
- The full title of the position for which you are applying.
- The place you saw the advertisement for the position.
- At least three professional references with current email addresses and phone numbers
- Your detailed resume data addressing each of the requirements listed above. Be sure to detail your experience.
- Make sure your full contact information is included in the document.
Send to [email protected]. Please do not send multiple documents, or additional info in the email. Only the information contained in your resume document will enter the review process.
Art Anderson Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer