Art Anderson is a unique team of engineers and designers who routinely tackle diverse project challenges on land, shore and at sea. We are excited to bring on a talented multi-discipline CAD Drafter/Designer/Modeler to directly support our civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, marine engineering and naval architecture design team.
We are looking for people at all skill levels to use their communication and teamwork skills, and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to join our team.
- Create and modify CAD models and 2D drawings in Revit, AutoCAD, AutoCAD MEP, Rhino, Ship Constructor, Solidworks, Civil 3D, or MicroStation for marine (ship/vessel), waterfront structures, and facilities (building/civil works) projects.
- Develop conceptual, detailed, production-ready, fabrication level, and as-built drawings
- Create models and drawings of components, systems, and assemblies
- Create 3D geometry models for use in finite element analysis
- Perform model and drawing quality assurance reviews
- Coordinate with engineers and designers on design, model and drawing development
- Utilize a variety of CAD standards depending on client and project type
- Perform basic calculations
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401k. We also have 8 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave.
The salary range for this position is dependent upon experience and skillsets, but a standard salary between $50K – $85K is expected.
- High School Diploma and 2-7 years’ 2D and 3D design and modeling experience using AutoCAD, AutoCAD MEP, Rhino, Ship Constructor, Solidworks, Civil 3D, or MicroStation is required.
- Experience developing / modifying design for production drawings to current industry practices is required.
- Experience reviewing and applying established specifications and basic engineering and design principles to verify accuracy and completeness of finished drawings with attention to detail and quality required
- Experience preparing drawings using various standards and industry practices. Knowledge of commercial, municipal, USN, NAVFAC, USCG, and National CAD drawing standards and templates is a plus.
- Ability to collaborate and learn new 2D and 3D programs and design standards and apply them directly to current projects required.
- Proficiency with script files and AutoLISP is a plus.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook, and Bluebeam.
- This position may require military base access for project site visits; therefore, US Citizenship is required.
- Physically able to conduct site visits, field investigations and ship checks including being in confined spaces, climbing ladders, and lifting up to 25 pounds, in both cold and hot environments.
Art Anderson is a 65-year-old family-owned company located in Bremerton, WA. We thrive due to our talented staff, excellent past performance, and our ability to bring value to our clients. As a multidisciplinary engineering firm, we take on projects from ship design to border patrol stations, and everything between. At Art Anderson, you will work on a wide variety of projects, with many different clients, and have an ability to grow professionally.
If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t’ align exactly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
To apply for this position, you must follow the instructions below:
Send us a single document containing:
- The full title of the position for which you are applying.
- The place you saw the advertisement for the position.
- At least three professional references with current email addresses and phone numbers
- Your detailed resume data addressing each of the requirements listed above. Be sure to detail your experience.
- Make sure your full contact information is included in the document.
Send to [email protected] Please do not send multiple documents, or additional info in the email. Only the information contained in your resume document will enter the review process.