Art Anderson is a 65-year-old family-owned engineering firm located in Bremerton, WA. We thrive due to our talented staff, excellent past performance, and our ability to bring value to our clients.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401k for full-time employees. We also have 8 paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
We are seeking an Accounting Assistant to support our Finance/Accounting department. They will report directly to the COO and oversee the bookkeeping function and systems at Art Anderson. This is an in-office or hybrid position however you must be based in WA state.
- Perform all aspects of bookkeeping, including but not limited to:
1. Governmental accounting tasks
2. Reconciling accounts and helping prepare financial statements
3. Recording journal entries and help maintain general ledger
4. Assist with bank reconciliations.
- Working with Project Manager to meet contract, insurance, and invoicing needs.
- Assisting with budgeting and financial planning
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of financial records.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive financial information
- Collaborate with team members to ensure smooth financial operations.
- Assisting company accountant with miscellaneous functions.
- Assist with preparation and processing of payroll.
- W-2 Reconciliation
- Prepare and process 1099’s.
- Strong computer skills and financial software experience
- Intermediate Excel Skills
- Proven experience as a bookkeeper or similar role
- Proficient in using Enterprise Resource Planning software such as Deltek Vantagepoint
- Strong knowledge of financial concepts and principles
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in data entry and record keeping.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- 5+ years’ experience with a professional services firm
- Project Cost Accounting experience
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent experience
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field or at least four years of related experience and/or training. Experience in Architecture/Engineering Industry and Government Contracts desired. The hourly rate for this position is $20.00 – $25.00 DOE.
To apply for this position, you must follow the instructions below:
Send us a single document containing:
- The full title of the position for which you are applying.
- The place you saw the advertisement for the position.
- At least three professional references with current email addresses and phone numbers
- Your detailed resume data addressing each of the requirements listed above. Be sure to detail your experience.
- Make sure your full contact information is included in the document.
Send to [email protected]. Please do not send multiple documents, or additional info in the email. Only the information contained in your resume document will enter the review process.
Art Anderson Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer