Art Anderson is a unique team of engineers and designers who routinely tackle diverse project challenges on land, shore and at sea. We are excited to bring on a talented CAD Drafter/Electrical Designer to directly support our electrical engineering group and support our civil, structural, mechanical, marine engineering and naval architecture design team as needed.
We are looking for people at all skill levels to use their communication and teamwork skills, and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to join our team.
- Create and modify CAD models and 2D drawings in Revit, AutoCAD, AutoCAD MEP, Solidworks, Civil 3D, or MicroStation for building electrical systems.
- Develop conceptual, detailed, production-ready and as-built drawings.
- Create models and drawings of one-line diagrams, panel schedules, systems, and electrical power, lighting, and low voltage systems plans.
- Conduct site visits to collect field data and inspect installations.
- Perform basic system design using National Electrical Code and illumination standards.
- Coordinate with electrical contractors and vendors.
- Perform model and drawing quality assurance reviews.
- Coordinate with engineers and designers on design, model and drawing development.
- Utilize a variety of CAD standards depending on client and project type.
- Perform basic calculations.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401k. We also have 8 paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
The salary range for this position is dependent upon experience and skillsets, but a standard salary between $60K – $90K is expected.
- High School Diploma and 2-7 years’ 2D and 3D design and modeling experience using AutoCAD, AutoCAD MEP, Rhino, Solidworks, Civil 3D, or MicroStation.
- Experience developing / modifying design for production drawings to current industry practices is required.
- Experience reviewing and applying established specifications and basic engineering and design principles to verify accuracy and completeness of finished drawings with attention to detail and quality required.
- Experience preparing drawings using various standards and industry practices. Knowledge of commercial, municipal, USN, NAVFAC, USCG, and National CAD drawing standards and templates is a plus.
- Ability to collaborate and learn new 2D and 3D programs and design standards and apply them directly to current projects required.
- Proficiency with script files and AutoLISP is a plus.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook, and Bluebeam.
- This position may require military base access for project site visits; therefore, US Citizenship is required.
- Physically able to conduct site visits and field investigations including being in confined spaces, climbing ladders, and lifting up to 25 pounds, in both cold and hot environments.
- Familiarity with SKM Powertools is a plus.
- Registered Communication Distribution Designer certification is a plus.
Art Anderson is a 65-year-old family-owned company located in Bremerton, WA. We thrive due to our talented staff, excellent past performance, and our ability to bring value to our clients. As a multidisciplinary engineering firm, we take on projects from ship design to border patrol stations, and everything between. At Art Anderson, you will work on a wide variety of projects, with many different clients, and have an ability to grow professionally.
If you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t’ align exactly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
To apply for this position, you must follow the instructions below:
Send us a single document containing:
- The full title of the position for which you are applying.
- The place you saw the advertisement for the position.
- At least three professional references with current email addresses and phone numbers
- Your detailed resume data addressing each of the requirements listed above. Be sure to detail your experience.
- Make sure your full contact information is included in the document.
Send to [email protected]. Please do not send multiple documents, or additional info in the email. Only the information contained in your resume document will enter the review process.
Art Anderson Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer